"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Thursday 21 October 2010

Sigh!

It's now nearly 4 weeks since surgery and I've been expecting a letter advising when to go for my pre outpatients CT scan. This should be 2 weeks before the OP appointment so the consultant radiographer has time to write up a report and get it to the surgeon before I see the surgeon. I should see the surgeon at 6 weeks, so we've reached the 2 week cut off point.
I also need a raft of blood tests for the surgeon to compare with older ones:- AFP (my tumour marker), full blood count, liver function, kidney function, bone biochemistry and c-reactive protein.
So I call the surgeon's secretary. Lucky I did. Apparently the hospital should have booked these multiple appointments the day I was discharged but nothing has been done. It's too late now to get the CT done by my Macclesfield gastroenterologist so we will have to make 2 separate trips to North Manchester, but it's still possible to have the blood tests done at my GP practice. I rattle off the list of ones I reckon should be done and the secretary sounds a bit stunned! She says she'll double check on the computer in case I've missed any.

No comments:

Post a Comment