"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Monday 11 October 2010

Sick notes etc

Work called this morning to see how I'm getting on. My hospital sick note has been posted backwards and forwards a couple of times and has only just arrived at the office. It ran out on 5th! Luckily my GP makes a home phone consult today and 'backdates' a 6 week note to the 5th.

The fluid in my abdomen hasn't drained. I still have pain in the drain area which radiates through to my back when I lie down. Over the weekend I started to get discomfort eating, though have a good appetite and no indigestion. This morning I woke with oedema in my feet again. The GP is calling tomorrow to make an assessment. I thought he might put me on diuretics but he thinks a scan will be the best diagnostic tool to see if it's blood or fluid from the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment