"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Friday 22 October 2010

Better news

Email reply from Clare my Macmillan nurse 5 days late! At our initial meeting she said she would always get back to me within 12 hours. Hey ho. Anyway the news is that because the resection was so small Mr O'Blimey doesn't think a CT scan prior to check up is necessary. I had a lot of radiation as part of the diagnostic process so I guess one less dose (and one less 3 hour drive) is a good thing.
I speak to Dr Caravan-a-nans secretary and she is anticipating I will be signed off from the North Manchester Clinic once I have had my outpatient appointment and that all future care (including scans and blood tests) can be done locally, which is a relief. I'm amazed she has my file on her desk. Apparently while there are loose ends she won't return the file to the hospital library. Having it to hand prompts her to keep a check on things she says. The post is unusually late today but late afternoon a letter from North Manchester Hospital drops through the letterbox with a check up appointment for 4th November. Coincidence or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment