"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Friday 8 October 2010

The Bollington network

An advantage of living in a small(ish) community is many people are within 'two degrees of separation'.

I need a sick (or Fit For Work) note from the GP but the doctor who had been looking after me was covering maternity leave and has left. I call the surgery for advice and a familiar voice but not a regular receptionist answers. It's Carol, one of the practice managers, who by chance is covering reception. We've known each other from pre-school playgroup days. She sorts out my 'fit' note and organises for my case notes to be the responsibility of one of the 7 doctors so that I won't have to repeat myself if I need an appointment.

It's a balmy day, and Val my neighbour takes me for a walk down the road. Past 8 houses and back this time, it was 6 before!

No comments:

Post a Comment