"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Waiting 11 months for THE CALL

Since stealing his quote to put at the top of my home page I've been a follower of a London man waiting for a liver transplant. Today I logged on to my emails to find that he has blogged about receiving THE CALL. He posted at just after midnight that he expected to be in theatre from around 7am this morning for a liver transplant.
8pm: Update on David K's blog. Transplant successfully complete. Patient under sedation in ICU.

Stiffness diary
9am
. Legs fine again after yesterdays Tai Chi. Upper back and shoulders quite stiff but bearable
.
4pm.
Neck and shoulders very stiff. Left side of jaw aches, difficult to open mouth. Puzzling over why, decide it's because this morning I used my teeth to pull off one of those plastic tear off security strips that go right round a lid to secure it before first opening.
8pm. Did some warm-up arm and shoulder exercises mid afternoon but am now pretty much seized up in my neck. Can turn a little way to the left but not at all to the right
.

No comments:

Post a Comment