"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Thursday 24 February 2011

Now the going gets tough

I stopped the anti-inflammatories yesterday. The inflammation levels from the biopsy tomorrow need to be unaffected by them. Also the plan was to take them for a week and the week was up. Then check on blood results (which I have) and then see how long I can manage without the medication before things get unbearable. It makes sense to abstain for a week before going back to Dr L as repeat blood tests will see if I revert negatively without the medication as quickly as I responded positively to it.

Problem is, Doctor L is predictably booked up and can't see me for 2 weeks.
OK I managed for 7 months without any, but now I've had the benefit of less pain and more mobility it's going to be tough mentally to go backwards even knowing I can just about cope physically.

10.45pm: Going to bed. Creeping around like an arthritic cripple! Legs have been iffy all day and now I can only crawl upstairs. Arms and shoulders are going. Disconcerting is the effect on my throat and neck - lots of muscles in your neck apparently. Nil by mouth now until after the biopsy. Nite nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment