"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Thursday 3 March 2011

CT scan

Six-monthly CT scan today as part of the ongoing monitoring for cancer recurrence. A relief to find I only have to drink water this time, not the delightful anise flavoured cocktail from previous scans. I still have an IV injection of the stuff, but can pack away the swizzel stick, ice and slice of lemon for another 6 months.

Everything goes ok apart from (1) first radiographer can't get IV in so second radiographer tries on my other arm. Pincushion time. And (2) for a few minutes after the IV hits the back of my throat my mouth, tongue and throat go fuzzy and tingly which is disconcerting as a classic sign of early allergic reaction. Once the IV stops flowing it eases a little, and with plenty of fluids after I feel ok again. Last time I had an upset tum, this time tingles. Hope I'm not building up an allergy to the stuff as this is on repeat twice yearly for the indefinite future. 2 weeks for the results.

1 comment:

  1. Doh! My bad. I knew you had a CT scan today. Clearly I forgot to write it on a post-it note and stick it on my forehead so I wouldn't forget to wish you well. Glad it went well enough. Sorry you didn't get to use your swizzle stick. A most excellent post all in all.

    Tingly. Some adjectives are just better than others, aren't they? I hope you never have to use this one in a cancer post again.

    Lots of hugs,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete