"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Tuesday 23 November 2010

Snug

Our energy supplier has an online tracker for our gas and electricity usage. Since I bought a wireless electricity monitor the electric use has gone down 10%. This October our gas central heating has gone up 25% because I'm at home all day with the heating on.
Today I decided there was no point having all the radiators on, even at a low setting, when I'm only using the kitchen and living room. It's easy peasy to use a laptop via wireless in a warm living room instead of the main PC near a cold set of French windows.
I've had logs (free from various sources) on our little stove and it's really snug, much more than the heating. Also among the items burning are four round feet of an old wooden toy box, a chopped up dining chair which broke, and bits of an Argos computer workstation desk we no longer had room for. Toastie!
Finished my NVQ unit on administering medication in the care setting. The next 2 x1,000 word assignments are 'Moving, handling and positioning individuals' and 'Prevention of pressure sores'. I'm not too good at the moving and positioning of myself at the moment - shoulders, neck and arms ache from the typing!

No comments:

Post a Comment