"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Out & about

Tuesday was a feeling rough day. Had an unsettled night, partly spent in the kitchen eating toast and sleeping on the sofa from 4am. Ruth took me out for tea and cake at the Waterside and despite feeling below par it was a boost to get out of the house and have a chat. We tried out the new self serve facility in the library - I had to renew my NVQ coursework book. I've finished all 4 compulsory unit workbooks - yay! My assessor is sending me some 'assignments' (very MI5) in the post. Spent the rest of the day with a blanket wrapped round my sore tum!
Much better night last night, in fact slept so well I really didn't want to move when the alarm went. Today my ex-colleague and cake maker supremo Lulu had to deliver a cake order to one of our care clients and kindly took me along for a surprise visit. With very bad luck and bad timing this lady has two of her five carers undergoing cancer treatment at the same time. Nice to be badly missed! On the way home stopped off at a new Waitrose (not my normal outlet) and bought some delicious organic stoneground bread which was asking to have a large chunk torn off, spread with strawberry jam and downed with a cup of tea. I'll be going back for some Christmas treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment