"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Wednesday 18 August 2010

MDT results

The multi-discipliary team must meet early as Dr Caravan-a-nan rings me on my mobile at 10am while I'm in a client's kitchen. Luckily there's a magnetic note pad on the fridge and I borrow a sheet of paper from it.
The CT scan showed a 1cm tumour on the liver. Coupled with the AFP blood test results from July he wants it removed without hanging about doing a biopsy. I'll have a Fibroscan which will show how 'stiff' or scarred the liver is around the tumour. It's non-invasive and safer than a biopsy. I'm also to have an MRI to check for smaller tumours.

No comments:

Post a Comment