"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Closed for Christmas

Spoke to the GP secretary this morning to check on referral of autoimmune query. Today is Dr W's 'admin' day, so he should process it, and update my sick note. "It is nearly Christmas" she chided me gently.
I'd just been down to our wee corner shoppy for some milk, and noticed their announcement they would be open for a few hours on Christmas Day. We live near sheltered housing, and the shop is a lifesaver for the elderly.
Came back and wrote a stroppy, whiny, moaning post about all the services that carry on over Christmas so why should my consultant and GP 'close for Christmas' in advance. Realised just how whiny it was so deleted it. But I've left Santa as I rather like the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment