"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Monday 25 February 2013

Dose reduction

Saw Dr Al in clinic on Saturday.  Yes, Saturday.  And he was on annual leave!
Another blood test and another good result.  ALT is down to 50 which is the upper end of normal.  Yay, normal.  I can reduce the Prednisolone to 15mg a day.  That's down from a starting dose of 8 tablets in hospital reduced to 3 in weeks.  Sounds good to me.  I asked about coming of the Lansoprazole, and Dr Al said yes.    I'm down to x3pred, x2calcium, x1laxatives, x1vitD, x1 tenofovir = 8 pills.

Biopsy combined with the blood test results score me as a 'probable' with autoimmune hepatitis.  I score 12.  10-15 is a probable, >15 is a definite.

Still getting side effects from the steroids - puffy eyes, fleshy jowls (popped into work with some paperwork and they noticed the facial changes), tremor, night sweats, fatigue.  Hoping these will reduce along with the reduced dose.

No comments:

Post a Comment