"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Thursday 13 October 2011

Result!

Copies of blood test results done at Salford have arrived in the post. Gave the secretaries at my GP practice a box of chocolates.

Baffled at first as to why the packet was so big and contained 21 pages? They've sent me the printouts from 2 previous clinics - doh. I have these already. I only asked for the September ones which run to 3 sheets. What a waste of their time.

As I suspected, things are having a bit of a wobble with results going slightly the 'wrong' way (albeit still within normal range)

I've been noticeably more tired and achey for a few weeks. This could be any of (a) tired of getting up at 7am and driving 30 miles a day for work and all I need is a holiday! (b) my immune system is having a burst of activity making me feel a bit off (c) the slight AFP rise means a new cancer is forming.

So the plan is do nothing at the moment but take another set in November and see what's what

1 comment:

  1. Got everything crossed for you Fiona that it's no more than you needing a holiday, too many early mornings, and just generally over-doing things...

    A or B are both acceptable - C isn't welcome around here...so hoping for A/B outcome for you...
    Keep us informed xx

    ReplyDelete