"There's a myth that anyone who has a liver problem has brought it on themselves" This quote is from a Crohn's disease patient living with a blocked portal vein hoping for a liver transplant (Independent 31st Oct 2010)

Friday 3 June 2011

Update

All quiet on the health front at the moment. Am into the routine of monthly blood tests now. Had May's done, June's are booked at the doctor's for next week, I have the paperwork ready for July, and then August sees me back having them done at Salford.

These blood tests will check my clotting, my levels of inflammation in my body, how well my liver is dealing with toxins and fluid balance, and how much it's managing to store in the way of vitamins and minerals to keep me healthy. We know at the moment that I'm low in Vitamin D, iron, calcium and sodium.

I've been added as a member of the Admin team on the hepatitis support forum mentioned earlier. A good excuse to be 'busy' while sitting down in front of the PC! There have been a few members with scary moments recently - one with liver failure, one with gastric bleeding, and one where ascitic fluid build up in the abdomen got infected. All examples of why liver disease needs close monitoring and decisive action from the medics if things start to go awry.

Had a lovely day on Wednesday when I met family for a day out here:

With an old fashioned steam carousel




Work has got busy. My hours have doubled for a couple of weeks, as they need cover for sickness and holidays within the care packages I'm part of. Should ease off again eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment